Saturday, May 08, 2010

SOCKS!

Here are the socks I made at the retreat. Only two pair because I also took classes on a different way to dye yarn and make socks with beads. It was a great retreat, but now I have to kitchner the toes closed and take off the hideous yellow waste yarn. I'm not in a hurry because these socks aren't for anyone special. I need to make more just to have a supply for gift giving and some times people contact me to buy home made socks.
I went to a sock machine retreat last weekend finally! I needed to get away and renew my sock knitting ability. It was great to be with my friends and sell some of my yarn stash. Oh and I sold a Legare 47 sock machine too. It was the last of my stash of fixer-upper machines, so that part of my hobby is over because it can be stressful.

My Goldie Sox machine (New Zealand Auto Knitter) is my favorite by far, but this time I decided to take my first machine (Canadian Auto Knitter) and renew my relationship with "her". She is a great friend and never skips a stitch! I had forgotten just how special she is, so here she is in all her glory.

4 comments:

Send flowers Poland said...

I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.
Send flowers Poland

SuperNatural Distressed Leather Jacket said...

I am very happy to keep track the thing that I used to do. many thanks for sharing. impressive page indeed.

Wilderness-Man said...

Hello, I have been looking for a brass circular sock machine can ask where did you purchase this at?

essay-writings-service.com said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blogB-)