Tuesday, August 15, 2006



I knit this sweater for my Mother in law about a year ago. It had a simple crew neck. Recently she asked me to change the neck on it because it was too big and she likes collars up close to her neck. I am really happy that she told me about the problem and I was happy to fix it for her. I don't often knit for others except my daughters.
This was interesting to work on. I removed the front bands because the crew neck ribbing was first then the bands applied after and over the top of them. Luckily, I still had the yarn left over in my stash.
I pickup the stitches around then neck, keeping in mind the neck needed to be smaller. After that it was easy to just knit the collar in stockinette stitch for most of it. The 4 stitches on each end were done in 1 x 1 ribbing. Then the last 4 rows were also done in 1 x 1 ribbing to prevent it from curling up.
I am a little concerned about the pointed collar ends, if she doesn't like it, it will be easy to rip back and stop the increases earlier in the collar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sweater! I've only been knitting for a little over a year and would love to be able to do something so beautiful!

Working on Tilt right now with the Ample Knitter KAL group.